Wes Mantooth is the main antagonist of Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy and minor character in Anchorman 2. He is played by Vince Vaughn. Also not portrayed in the film, but made mention of in Property is Jeff Mantooth. Son of Dorothy, lover of IRAC, and all-around champion of Canadian finders-keepers laws.
Wes Mantooth has black hair, light brown eyes.
Wes is the lead anchor for the #2 news channel, the Evening News Team. It is revealed early on that Mantooth is extremely senstive about insults directed towards his mother, Dorothy Mantooth, whom he regards as a “saint”. He and Ron Burgundy have a bitter rivalry that has ensued verbally and physically Mantooth is consistently irritated by his being second in the ratings, causing him and his news team to ultimately initiate an anchorman battle against Burgundy and three other teams in a street brawl using a knife. Towards the end of the film, Wes asks Veronica Corningstone to fetch him sandwich, Wes turned a new leaf and apologized to Ron and helped him up a ladder to escape the bears.
- A deleted scene from the first film reveals that Wes is Ron's half-brother. By extension, this also makes Dorothy Mantooth either Ron's mother or stepmother.  .
- ”’’Well, Well, Well. Ron Burgundy and the Channel 4 News Team. (Repeated line)
- ”’’Nice clothes, gentleman. I didn’t know the Salvation Army was having a sale. (Laughs) Am I right? Look at these guys.
- ”’’What are you doing on our station’s turf, Burgundy? You’re about to get a serious beat-down.
- ”’’Dorothy Mantooth is a saint! You understand me? Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
- ”’’Hey, Burgundy. You know sample audiences aren’t big enough! Stop hiding behind those phony numbers, Burgundy! I’m coming after you! I hate you, Ron Burgundy. I hate you! You can’t say one word? Even the guy who can’t think says something! You guys just stand there? Come on!
- ”’’You know, I understand that, uh, they had to bring a female in. Change your diapers. Wipe the dribble away from your bubblin’ lips. Rub Vaseline all over your heinie and tell you that it’s special and different from everyone else’s.
- ”’’Does she tuck you in, Ronnie? Give you a little kiss on your forehead? Tell you everything’s gonna be okay?
- ”‘’ You wanna dance, Ronnie? I wanna polka.
- ”’’Good afternoon, San Diego. We’re here today to celebrate the birth of a panda.
- ”’’Hi, Ron. It’s always a long fall from the top, isn’t it?
- ”’’I’ve been waiting to say this to you for a long time. Deep down in my stomach, With every inch of me, i pure, straight hate you! But, God damn it, do I respect you!
- ”’’Today we spell redemption R-O-N.
- ”’’You made one mistake today. You messed with somebody from San Diego.
- ”’’With the things I’ve done in my life, oh, I know I’m going to burn in hell. So I sure as shit ain’t afraid to burn here on earth.